Unique instructions for use (IFU) solution – The thin paper Booklet
The new standard for disposable medical device packaging – Provides the outstanding usability experience, very low carbon footprint and maybe the most cost-effective logistics.
The standard IFU (leaflet) for disposable medical device product.
Unique instructions for use (IFU) solution- The thin paper Booklet
- Outstanding usability (easy to open/close)
- 3 times more information (e.g. more languages)
- Significant savings on shipping costs, working capital and warehousing
- Environment friendly (less paper and more efficient logistics)
The current situation
IFUs are an essential part of disposable medical device packaging:
- Instructions how to use the product
- Possible warnings, side effects or even mandatory legal information
The IFU paper is thick (50 – 60g/m², calipers 65 – 80µm), wood containing grade and usually folded several times. This kind of format has been the standard on last 100 years!
However, there are several issues related to IFU (leaflet) documents:
- When the IFU is open, the size is very large and the information is difficult to find.
- It is very unhandy to use and very difficult to get back in the same format, not match with the package
- Limited number of language versions on the same IFU.
- Every IFU version: own stock item number, own packaging process, own space in the warehouse:
- Extra logistics and warehouse costs.
Unique IFU solution – The thin paper Booklet
Thin paper is totally different from standard IFU (leaflet) document paper:
- It is really thin (29 – 36g/m², calipers 33 – 34µm), woodfree and usually used in Bibles and law books) and there is no any need for folding.
- The unique thin paper IFUs (coated, high opacity) are provided in a handy booklet format.
Unique IFU solution (the thin paper Booklet) can be tailored to customer needs (size suitable for the current package, content as needed):
- For the same paper volume as with the standard solution, it can include 3 times more information!
- Usability of our unique IFU solution is outstanding (easy to open/close and to find correct information e.g. table of contents with page numbers, bigger font size) compared to the standard IFU (leaflet) solution
When several languages are included in the same unique IFU document the logistics and warehouse costs will decrease (stock item numbers and the need of warehouse space will decrease, packaging processes will be simplified).
Unique IFU solution is environment friendly (less paper and more efficient logistics):
- Manufacturing process does not require energy consuming mechanical grinding.
- Chemical pulp process is a source of energy instead.
- The package is lighter and smaller in size.
- Higher quantity in one truckload or container, and lower CO2 emissions by transportations.